Terms and Conditions
Campfires may be lit in our designated fire pits unless we decide that there is a safety risk, such as in prolonged periods of hot and dry weather.
We sell wood from our felled trees in the winter and foraging for wood is not allowed (it damages our hedges, trees and wild woodland). Please don’t bring firewood with nails in it – it’s very dangerous for our livestock.
Sorry, we don’t accept bookings from single sex groups such as hen parties, stag nights etc…
We welcome tents and camper vans. Unfortunately, the roads here are too narrow for motorhomes and caravans. We don’t have electric hook-up points.
1. Our campsite is Certificated by The Greener Camping Club, which shares our aim of providing sustainable, eco-friendly camping. Membership costs just £12 and you can join when you book with us. Please note we do not accept bookings from persons under 18 years of age and from groups of people without prior arrangement.
2. Cancellation by you. If you cancel your holiday six weeks or more before your arrival date we will refund your payment less a 20% admin fee. The Greener Camping Club membership fee is not refundable. If you cancel your holiday less than six weeks before your arrival date and we are able to re-let your holiday for the dates you have booked, we will refund your deposit and balance, less a 20% admin fee. The Greener Camping Club membership fee is not refundable. In the event that we are unable re-let your dates, no refund will be made. If you are concerned about the prospect of cancellation, please take out holiday insurance.
3. Cancellation by us. We reserve the right to cancel your booking at short notice due to circumstances beyond our control. We cannot accept liability or responsibility for any loss, including consequential loss, caused by cancellation. Social District are not liable for refunds or expenses you incur in the event we are prevented from fulfilling your booking as a result of circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances shall include (but will not be limited to) war, terrorism, serious crime, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, ill health, extreme winds, epidemics or such similar events (“Force Majeure”). We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place to cover this.
4. The campsite. Social District includes lake access, streams and steep banks. Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children on site at all times. The main camping field is relatively flat, but the path between the loos and the main camping field is a fairly steep bank and unlit. Please bring torches, wellies, sensible shoes and wet weather gear!
5. Vehicles. We are happy to move guest’s belongings to the tent when the field is too wet to drive on or the guest’s vehicle is unsuitable to drive in the field. You can park next to your tent in the main camping field when unloading belongings, however must return back to the designated car park and please keep to our speed limit of 5mph.
6. Pets. We allow only small breeds of pets and must be kept on leads at all times.
7. Noise. For the benefit of other guests, amplified music is not permitted – this includes car stereos and wireless speakers. Please keep any noise to a minimum after 10:30 p.m.
8. You can rent our metal fire pits or you are welcome to use your own. Please keep all BBQs or firepits off the ground to avoid burning the grass. Please do not bring firewood containing nails etc, so the field remains safe for our sheep over the winter. Please do not take branches and sticks from the woods – these are vital for a healthy woodland ecosystem.
9. Social District Campsite will not accept any responsibility for personal injury sustained on our premises. Likewise, we will not accept any responsibility for damage or loss of any guests property.